Financial Analyst (MBA)
An international law firm with offices in Washington, D.C. is seeking a qualified Financial Analyst to join their team. The Financial Analyst will work directly with attorneys to develop pricing strategies, create innovative fee structures, and implement analytics to measure success.
- Working with attorneys in assigned Practices to develop pricing strategies and standardized fee structures that drive sector growth. Help train attorneys on pricing best practices and client value communication.
- Responding to attorney requests for internal metrics using financial models to assess the profitability of new business proposals.
- Assisting in the development of creative, workable pricing solutions using alternative fee arrangements.
- Prepare and provide analysis of Practice specific monthly financial reports (i.e., working attorney productivity reports, key performance indicator reports, client and attorney reports, etc.
- Lead individual attorney training sessions as needed. Actively promote the Firm’s legal project management software, tools and matter management techniques.
- Assist with pricing related aspects of RFPs. Collaborate with Marketing to construct client budgets, and alternative fee arrangements that maximize client value and firm profitability
- Bachelors Degree is required. MBA or JD preferred.
- 2+ years' experience in legal, or related financial planning and analysis role.
- Proven analytical skills with advanced knowledge of data mining using MS Excel.
- Prior experience with business intelligence or report writing software preferred.
- Collaborates effectively, and professionally, with all levels of the Firm, including clients, attorneys, and co-workers.
- Able to influence all levels of the organization. Can effectively present complex financial information in a distilled and easily understood format that will enhance decision-making.
- Able to lead, as well as serve as a team member of, cross-departmental initiatives.
- Flexibility to work additional hours as necessary.