Business Development Specialist
An internaiional law firm with offices in New York City is seeking a full-time Business Development Specialist to join their team. This person will be responsible for working closely with the Senior Business Development Manager, the Business Development Specialist will primarily focus on providing support for the Firm’s Financial Services Industry Group.
• Coordinating team meeting logistics and post-meeting follow-ups.
• Working with the Market Research Department to conduct and maintain competitive intelligence on clients, industries and
• Developing and coordinating events, client trainings, webinars and conferences.
• Documenting and maintaining industry-specific experience and credentials.
• Creating, editing and disseminating materials, including pitches/proposals and RFP responses.
• Helping to execute and track progress of industry business development plan and strategy.
• Developing an understanding of priority clients within the industry’s current work, key contacts, and practice offerings and
work with Senior BD Manager on relationship building strategies.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 3+ years of marketing experience in a law firm or professional services firm; client or industry focus experience preferred.
• Basic market knowledge of the financial services industry.
• Persuasive writing skills for presentations, proposals and other marketing materials.
• Capable of handling many projects simultaneously.
• Experience with key research tools and databases, including experience, billing, client contacts and other web based
• Use of InterAction and Marketing databases required.