Business Development Assistant
An international law firm with offices in Washington, D.C. is seeking a Business Development Assistant to join their team. This person will provide project and administrative support to the Business Development Team preparing pitches, collateral materials and directory submissions for both the adversarial and transactional practices. A portion of this role is devoted to the collection and data entry of experience items into the firm-wide experience databases.
• Primary contact for filling routine requests for marketing materials from attorneys and lateral recruiting.
• Preparing pitchbooks, meeting materials, and other marketing collateral for clients and client prospects.
• Assisting in the development, editing, and production of PowerPoint presentations and other custom marketing materials.
• Assisting with general research requests, including lateral and competitive intelligence research.
• Tracking business development activities, including data entry and maintenance of the Firm pitch tracking database. Preparing weekly pitch reports.
• Coordinating weekly firm-wide Business Development Activity reporting in InterAction.
• Guided by the Business Development team members, creating new records and making changes to Content Library custom experience pieces.
• Assisting the transactional BD team members with league table experience data.
• Assisting with the coordination of submissions to legal directories (e.g., Chambers, Legal 500) and subsequently entering or updating matters in the experience database.
• Serving as the primary liaison with Document Processing and Office Services Departments for the creation of marketing materials in service centers firm-wide. Including training, troubleshooting and resolving issues as they arise.
• Providing backup support including web site postings for the Marketing Communications Team when assistance is unavailable.
• Preparing and processing invoices, bills, and expense reports.
• Maintaining the CLE database and tracking other relevant presentations.
• Providing administrative support including setting up meetings, booking conference rooms, travel, and copying meeting materials.
• Four-year college degree or equivalent experience.
• A minimum of one year of work experience in a similar administrative support role.
• Proficient in a range of computer software applications, including programs and databases such as, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate with staff and attorneys clearly and concisely.
• Proficiency in handling multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work smoothly as part of a cohesive, multi-functional team, with a positive, problem-solving and can-do attitude for a variety of tasks.