User Support Specialist - 1:00PM to 9:00PM Monday through Friday
An international law firm with offices in NYC seeking a full-time User Support Specialist to join the Business Resource Center (BRC) as a BRC/ARC Specialist. This person will be responsible for producing high quality documents and providing excellent client service to the Firm and the Firm’s clients.
PLEASE NOTE: The Specialist will assist the BRC from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and then assist the Real Estate Practice Group in the NY office from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Maintaining advanced proficiency of software used by the Firm (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Winscribe, Nuance & Adobe Professional, SnagIt) to produce high-volume, time sensitive legal documents.
- Preparing and editing legal documents and correspondence such as contracts, agreements, summons, complaints, motions, subpoenas, closing documents, etc.
- Converting documents.
- Preparing, printing and organizing large Excel documents as well as producing PowerPoint presentations.
- Answering and responding to telephone requests/inquiries in a professional manner.
- Maintaining proficient knowledge of hardware used within the BRC (i.e., transcription equipment, scanners, and printers).
- Maintaining an expertise in databases used by the Firm (i.e., FileSite, InterAction, etc.)
- Entering necessary data into the BRC database for tracking purposes.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years of experience working in a document processing department within a legal environment or two years of experience supporting attorneys in an administrative capacity.
- Proficiency in all software used by the Firm (MS Office Suite, Chrome River, Intapp Time Entry, Innova, etc.)
- Proficiency with FileSite or a comparable document management system.
- Competency using Styles, Headers and Footers, Section/Page Breaks, Page Numbering, Table of Contents/Authorities, etc.
- Proficiency with legal terminology and standard legal procedures.
- Strong database and Internet research skills.
- Ability to multitask and have a sense of urgency with the workload.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary.