IP Docketing Specalist
An international law firm with offices in Washington, D.C. is seeking a full-time IP Docketing Specialist to work underneath the IP Docket Manager. This person will be responsible for facilitating actions required to efficiently operate the intellectual property docket department by performing the day-to-day duties and functions relating to supervising the patent and trademark dockets.
- Date stamping all incoming mail and emails.
- Docketing all US and foreign patent and trademark prosecution mail.
- Processing accurate data input of deadlines and other relevant docket information in the firm's CPA Inprotech system.
- Reviewing the accuracy of US Patent & Trademark Office and other documents (e.g. correctness of inventor names, filing dates, priority applications) and directing attorneys'/law clerks' attention to errors requiring correction.
- Establishing future deadlines and alerting attorneys to deadlines as appropriate.
- Preparing docket and status reports for attorney and/or client review upon request.
- Notifying and following up as appropriate with attorneys and other personnel regarding applicable deadlines to be cleared from the dockets.
- Reviewing PTO filings for accuracy, clearing the daily docket and establishing the next set of status and/or deadline dates, and coordinating deliveries to the Patent & Trademark Office with courier service.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of prior US and foreign patent and trademark prosecution docketing experience.
- Prior experience with CPA Inprotech a plus.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Availability and willingness to work overtime hours, as needed.