Business Development Coordinator
An international law firm with offices in Washington, D.C. is seeking a full-time Business Development Coordinator to join their team. This person is responsible for providing support for business development activities, with the majority of time devoted to pitches/proposals and practice group experience information for submissions and rankings. This position works with lawyers, business development managers, and other Firm staff to coordinate practice group and individual attorney business development and marketing efforts.
• Supporting the RFP, pitch, and proposal processes from planning through submission. Elements of this responsibility include, for example:
o Working with attorneys, marketing staff, and other firm personnel in the development and execution of proposals and presentations.
o Organizing information relating to proposals and coordinating personnel contributing to the proposal processes.
o Identifying most applicable content, editing existing content, and drafting new content for proposals and pitches.
o Coordinating information and research requests with research analysts, accounting personnel, and Firm’s reference librarians.
o Coordination of assembly/production and delivery of finished product.
• Working with Business Development Managers to provide support for the full range of practice group marketing and business development activity, including, events, seminars, sponsorships, and presentations.
• Overseeing editing and production of individual practice or industry team newsletters or communications.
• Collecting and coordinating data for practice group submissions to Chambers, Legal500, and other rankings/awards submissions.
• Using the Firm’s InterAction database to identify and confirm relationship targets.
• Entering content into various databases, including: central proposal content database; attorney experience and deals databases; and pitch/proposal tracking database.
• Managing the practice group content on the Firm’s website, including biographies and experience highlights.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 2+ years of experience in law firm or professional services firm.
• Needs to work well under pressure and be an excellent problem-solver and team player.
• Capable of handling many projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities and deadlines.
• Proficient in a range of computer software applications and databases, including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.