Instructional Design/Training Manager
An international law firm with offices in Washington, D.C. is seeking a full-time Instructional Design/Training Manager to join their team. This person will be responsible for designing comprehensive learning programs that will enhance the technology user’s ability to work with the various information technologies, systems, and applications that are used to support the firm and its clients. This person will create the design and oversee the development of internal and external curriculum including eLearning, blended learning, virtual training, webinars, online and informal learning solutions using instructional systems design principles and guidelines. The Manager is responsible for the oversight of quality and alignment of all training curriculum content to ensure effectiveness and compliance as well as supervising the IT training team.
• 5+ years of related experience in large scale learning design including blended solutions is required.
• 3+ years of experience in assessment of business and learner needs and training design best practices to meet organizational
• Four-year college degree preferred, equivalent experience considered.
• Previous law firm employment preferred. Experience in eLearning (Captivate, Articulate, HTML etc.), video development, and virtual training development (Adobe Connect webinars, learning platforms, streaming channels).
• Ability to work within a collaborative environment and within aggressive time frames.
• Strong knowledge of adult learning principles.
• Able to analyze complex business requirements and adopt new methods to develop materials, take preventative measures with projects, programs, and process designs to overcome potential barriers.
• Knowledge of computer operating systems and general knowledge of applications commonly utilized in a law firm environment.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.