Trilingual Legal Resource Assistant (Portuguese, Spanish and English)
An international law firm with offices in Washington, D.C. is seeking a Trilingual Legal Resource Assistant to join their team. This person will be responsible for assisting attorneys and other legal personnel with administrative, organizational and research work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment. This individual must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking English, Portuguese and Spanish.
- Preparing, editing, and proofreading legal documents in Portuguese, Spanish and English
- Assisting with trial preparation including organizing trial exhibits, notebooks, charts, graphs, and other visual aids
- Managing calendars and schedules by coordinating meetings, conference calls, and appointments
- Entering and processing expenses and invoices
- Coordinating and scheduling attorney travel
- Maintaining an awareness of attorneys' caseloads and statuses
- Establishing and maintaining attorneys' files; working with Excel and PowerPoint for a variety of assignments
• Ability to speak, read and write English, Portuguese and Spanish fluently.
• A minimum of a high school diploma, with a bachelors or two-year degree preferred.
• Excellent organizational and communications skills, both oral and written.
• Strong skills in MSWord, Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook, various databases and Internet research skills.
• Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to prioritize and manage time appropriately.
• A proficiency with standard office procedures working in a team/collaborative environment.
• Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary