A national law firm with offices in Newark, NJ is looking for a Corporate Paralegal to join their team. This person will be responsible for projects relating to complex transactions, developing procedures to maintain the integrity of transactional files and information, drafting legal documents, and coordinating the closing of transactions.
- Forming companies, preparing documents such as a certificates of incorporation, certificates of formation, actions by incorporators, bylaws, organizational and other board consents, minutes and proposed resolutions, option awardagreements, restricted stock award agreements, NDAs and confidentiality agreements and obtaining tax id numbers;
- Assisting with drafting documents for and closings of acquisitions, divestitures and mergers, and other transactions;
- Organizing and maintaining deal documents, minute books, corporate records and stock ledgers;
- Preparing and filing UCC financing statements; preparing and filing Form Ds and Blue Sky flings;
- Obtaining SEC filing codes; coordinating the filing of SEC periodic reports; preparing and filing Section 16 filings;
- Creating and maintaining checklists, calendars and timetables for transactions and effecting distributions to transaction team members;
- Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate required.
- 4+ years of expereince as a corporate paralegal within a law firm environment.
- Extensive knowledge of internal software applications, such as word processing, internet searching skills, spreadsheets and databases and knowledge of MS office, specifically MS Word, MS excel and MS outlook
- Experience with the EDGAR filing database