A law firm with offices in Washington, D.C. is seeking a full-time Network Engineer to join their team. This person will report directly to the Network Manager and be responsible for ensuring the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions.
Hours are Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM – 6:30 PM, with additional hours as necessary.
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Manage and maintain successful network infrastructure including LAN, WAN, WLAN, and Internet connections
- Configure, maintain, and manage SAN environment in DC and co-location sites.
- Assist with monitoring network security to protect against external, internal, and/or programmatic attacks.
- Assist with application and windows update deployment via SCCM 2012.
- Install, configure and maintain VMware environment for Windows Server 2012/2016 network servers.
- Proactively manage and optimize Exchange environment.
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Configure, maintain and support customer remote access including VPN and Citrix solutions.
- Manage and maintain successful backup and continuity solutions in primary and secondary locations.
- Serve as an escalation point for systems operational issues.
- Assist with maintaining primary data center including all considerations for power management, temperature, humidity and cabling.
- Support Active Directory and group policies within a Windows Server environment.
- Administer network monitoring software to ensure timely alerts and response to network and systems issues.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Investigate developing network technologies and provide recommendations regarding the future application of such technologies and related productivity gains.
- Willingness to respond to after-hours issues in a timely manner based upon severity and/or business impact.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience and success with LAN, SAN, WAN and WLAN configuration management and administration in Cisco environments.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong experience with SCCM for application deployment and windows updates
- Strong experience with Windows OS, Active Directory, and Group Policy
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange 2016 administration.
- Experience with VMware.
- Experience with NetApp hardware and software including Snap solutions.
- Experience with network security for Windows Servers and Cisco devices.
- Familiarity with cloud technology Azure, AWS