An international law firm with offices in Washington, D.C. seeking a full-time Messaging Engineer to join their IT department.
The Messaging Engineer is responsible for all aspects of electronic messaging across the enterprise which includes technologies such as Microsoft Exchange 2010/2016, Exchange Online, Cisco IronPort, and VMWare AirWatch.
- Designing, developing, implementing and optimizing Microsoft Exchange based messaging systems to ensure uninterrupted electronic communications with clients.
- Implementing and maintaining various systems and technologies (i.e., edge systems, message hygiene and data encryption) to protect data availability, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Troubleshooting and resolving system issues and escalated end users’ support tickets.
- Serving as Subject Matter Expert for Exchange, MDM, and associated messaging systems.
- Coordinating configuration changes, patches, and upgrades to the systems with business units and other IT support teams to minimize users’ impact.
- Defining and owning configuration and change management processes for all messaging related systems to ensure no disruptions to day-to-day business.
- Developing and maintaining appropriate monitoring, maintenance and support processes in order to provide messaging systems that are highly available and high performing.
- Documenting systems, including configurations, processes and system policies.
- Working with the training team to develop appropriate application training resources for end-users.
- Performing e-discovery search, export, and import of mail data.
- Assisting with disaster recovery planning and testing for Exchange and message related systems.
- Four-year college degree preferred.
- Previous employment in legal information technology is desired, but not required.
- Microsoft Exchange Certifications (MCTS, MCITP, or MCM) is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience working with Exchange 2010/2013/2016; knowledge of Exchange 2016 and/or Exchange Online are highly desired.
- In-depth knowledge of designing and maintaining enterprise level highly available Exchange environment – multiple sites with redundant routings and DAG.
- 3+ years of experience with Anti-spam, and anti-malware technologies (Cisco IronPort, FireEye, Mimecast, Proofpoint).
- Expert understanding of Microsoft technologies – Active Directory, Microsoft Clustering, Windows Server OS.
- Deep understanding of basic networking – DNS, TCP/IP, Routing, Firewall Ports, Load Balancing, etc.
- Experience with Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions such as VMWare AirWatch, Good, and MobileIron.
- Experience with server virtualization (VMWare).
- Experience with Unified Messaging (Jabber, SharePoint, Unity).
- Scripting experience with PowerShell.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.