Cash Receipts Specialist
A law firm with offices in Washington, D.C. is seeking a full-time Cash Receipts Specialist to join their team. This person will be a part of the financial services team.
- Maintains and reconciles various cash and escrow accounts.
- Posts cash receipts to client accounts and promptly notifies management of short and unidentified payments.
- Researches and reconciles payments.
- Identifies duplicates and overpayments from clients in order to transfer to trust accounts and compile necessary back up in a timely manner.
- Recognizes the importance of avoiding the intermingling of escrow funds and firm’s operating funds and takes steps to maintain proper distinctions
- Interacts with Billing Staff to accurately process escrow usage in a timely manner avoiding client relations problems caused by inaccurate statements
- Downloads month end reports within established timeframes.
- Prepares and distributes daily cash reports to management.
- Ensures that image scans of daily cash receipts are complete and properly filed.
- Associate’s Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Prior experience posting cash receipts in a law firm or other professional services environment preferred.
- Ability to handle a large volume of transactions virtually error-free.
- Knowledge of generally acceptable accounting principles.
- Knowledge of Elite or other law firm accounting system.
- Ability to read and interpret various accounting reports.
- Advanced knowledge of Word and Excel.