Government Contracts Legal Assistant
An international law firm with offices in Washington, D.C. is seeking a full-time Government Contracts Legal Assistant to join their team. This person will be responsible for assisting attorneys and other legal personnel with administrative, organizational and research work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Preparing, editing, and proofreading legal documents.
- Assisting with bid protests.
- Managing calendars and schedules by coordinating meetings, conference calls, and appointments.
- Entering and processing expenses and invoices.
- Coordinating and scheduling attorney travel.
- Maintaining an awareness of attorneys' caseloads and statuses.
- Establishing and maintaining attorneys' files.
- Working with Excel and PowerPoint for a variety of assignment
- 2-year degree required, a bachelors preferred.
- Prior experience supporting government contracts attorneys is a plus.
- Ability to read, speak and write Spanish is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Strong skills in MSWord, Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook, various databases and Internet research skills.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time appropriately.
- A proficiency with standard office procedures working in a team/collaborative environment.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary.