An international law firm with offices in Tallahassee, FL is seeking a full-time Tax Accountant to join their team. This person will be responsible for managing the preparation of all work papers and filings for all income and other tax filings as well as assists the Senior Manager and Director with tax related research projects.
• Working with the Firm’s outside accountants to prepare the U.S. Federal and state income tax returns, partner state composite income tax filings and the foreign income tax returns including Belgium, Germany and UK.
• Preparing and filing all personal property tax filings, US foreign withholding taxes (8804, 8805 and quarterly 8813’s), all local business taxes on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis and any other tax filings such as the DC Ballpark tax, that the Firm is required file.
• Reviewing the Sales and Use taxes (filed by the Accounts Payable department).
• Preparing and filing state unclaimed property filings.
• Assisting in IRS and State tax audits.
• Assisting in response to notices/requests from the IRS or other jurisdictions.
• Assisting with tax efficiency projects such as tax reduction strategies and state nexus reviews.
• Four-year degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Certified Public Accountant preferred.
• 3+ years of related experience.
• Public Accounting experience is a plus.