Professional Development Manager
An international law firm with offices in Washington, D.C. is seeking a full-time Professional Development Manager to join their team. This person will be responsible for collaborating with the Director of Professional Development and attorneys to develop and implement the Firm’s core skills training, new associate training, and various practice group trainings; manages the accreditation and tracking of CLE credit for and in-house programs; oversees the associate mentoring programs.
• Overseeing the curriculum development and program design for various practice groups, core skills training and specific subsections of the associate population (new associates, mid-levels, etc.) in collaboration with the Director of Professional Development, Professional Development Leaders and other attorneys.
• Identifying internal and external speakers, providing input and guidance prior to program delivery and posting program feedback.
• Serving on the New Associate Committee (NACHO) and reporting on NY progress and new associate development issues. Assisting with the administrative aspects of new associate integration including planning and implementation of orientation, mentor assignments and developing NACHO trainings.
• Implementing strategic evaluations of each program that meets the needs of key MCLE jurisdictions, providing feedback for future sessions as well as aiding in the determination of ROI for each program.
• Providing local support on the accreditation and tracking of continuing legal education credit for the NY and NJ offices.
• Identifying and implementing new technologies and methodologies to deliver professional development programs as needed.
• Further developing and enhancing the firmwide mentoring program for associates that supports and promotes skill development and personal growth.
• Identifying trends that impact professional development and the legal industry and implementing, as appropriate, to enhance the effectiveness, efficiency and innovation within our programs.
• Supervising the NY professional development team members and taking the lead on their overall development and evaluation.
• Bachelor’s degree required; JD preferred.
• 6+ years of professional development experience in the legal industry.
• Prior managerial experience.
• Strong computer skills; preferred proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
• Demonstrate a high degree of trustworthiness in handling confidential and sensitive information.
• Successful candidate will be confident and comfortable working with attorneys.