Director of Strategic Marketing Communications
An international law firm with offices in Washington, D.C. is seeking a full-time Director of Strategic Marketing Communications for their firm. This person will be responsible for driving all activities related to visibility raising, marketing communications, PR and Media strategy.
• Developing and managing the positioning and messaging of the Firm.
• Enhancing the brand and raising the visibility for the Firm globally.
• Building the recognition of Firm expertise across practices and industries.
• Overseeing Firmwide PR and media relations including outside consultants.
• Managing the full Marketing Communications Department and staff budget.
• Supervising related Directors, Senior Managers and other staff as required.
• Serving as the senior advisor to partners, practices/industries, teams and affiliate groups seeking to raise their profile through marketing communications.
• Serving as a senior advisor to Firm leaders/management. Providing guidance and preparing media talking points and Q&As, as appropriate for Firm management.
• Overseeing the marketing communications efforts for new laterals: press releases, bios, internal and external announcements.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or Business is required. A Master’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or Business preferred.
• 10+ years of marketing communications management required (in the professional services area desired.)
• Significant experience in the public relations and media relations is required.
• Experienced at strategic communications planning and implementation across all media.
• Professional services marketing knowledge relevant to direct meaningful programmatic development and generate substantive recommendations.
• Analytical skills, especially related to the ROI of Marketing Communications investment.
• Strategic planning skills, especially related to brand/positioning.
• Experience with managing social and digital media campaigns.
• Experience in the integration of video in marketing campaigns.
• Experience working with graphic designers to develop and implement a means to maintain graphic/design consistency across the brand in print/online/multimedia.
• Knowledge of public relations and implementation of related strategies for positioning and messaging to enhance brand awareness.
• Strong media relations/journalism/message management skills.