An international law firm with offices in Washington, D.C. is seeking a full-time Billing Specialist to join their team. This person will be responsible for full cycle billing from the preparation of prebills through final invoices.
- Managing the prebill to final bill process; assuring partnerseceive and return accurate prebills in a timely manner. Finalizing and submitting bills/eBills in an appropriate template that conforms to the client requirements. Confirming final bills have been submitted to the client and posted in the accounting system. Producing closing bills on demand.
- Collaborating with the eBilling team for set-up of new clients for eBilling requirements. Submitting invoices electronically, taking accountability for successful submission and troubleshooting issues. Proactively following-up regarding acceptance of eBills.
- Verifying billing rates with the Rates team, reviewing and instituting the outside counsel guidelines to include: monitoring fee caps, tier discounts and matter budgets; communicating with BIC and management regarding discounts, write-downs and write-offs.
- Responding to inquiries relating to accruals, audits and payments.
- Maintaining updated prebill status reports and monitoring billing figures on a daily basis.
- Ensuring management of client trust accounts, accurate payment allocation and unapplied fund resolution throughout the life cycle of assigned portfolio. Keeping partners updated with available, unapplied and trust funds and apply when appropriate.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business discipline preferred.
• Law firm or professional services background preferred.
• Expertise in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
• Aderant Expert or Elite Enterprise (3E) experience preferred.
• Talent for delivering client service through teamwork.
• Ability to exchange information and to present ideas, report facts and other information clearly and concisely.
• Strong initiative to proactively increase value to the position.
• Flexibility to work additional hours as necessary.