Library Research Analyst
An international law firm with offices in Palo Alto, CA is seeking a full-time Research Analyst. This person will be responsible for responding to reference and document delivery requests from attorneys, legal assistants and administrative personnel firm-wide and supporting other department activities, as needed.
• Responding to reference and basic research requests;
• Serving as the Department’s document delivery specialist;
• Assisting with current awareness monitoring;
• Performing password maintenance and related tasks;
• Participating in collection development activities; and
• Contributing content to the intranet and department newsletter.
• Bachelor’s degree required; MLS from an ALA accredited school or interest in pursuing graduate education in library and
information science is a plus.
• 1 year of work experience in a business setting, with law and library experience a plus.
• Experience with Lexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg and other legal databases preferred.
• Comfortable using Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Outlook and Excel. PowerPoint a plus.
• Strong interest in expanding library knowledge and skills, including especially database research.