Accounts Receivable Specialist
An international law firm with offices in Washington, D.C. is seeking a full-time Accounts Receivable Specialist to join their growing financial team. This person will be responsible for gathering the required data to collect, monitor, ensure accuracy and reconcile client accounts.
- Monitoring the processing of and adjustments to electronic invoices by utilizing various electronic billing systems and eHub, resolving rejections, gathering information and documentation requested by clients to ensure payment
- Working with the billing deptartment to successfully resubmit invoices, preparing and sending monthly statements to clients
- Providing data as requested for preparation of reports and forecast projections
- Interacting with clients and applicable departments to resolve payment discrepancies including follow-up to obtain client posting and refund instructions, and recommending accounts for write-off.
- Associate degree in Accounting or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in accounts receivable/collections, preferably in a law firm or professional services environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (including strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel) are required; familiarity with Excel features such as pivot tables and VLOOKUP functionality is a plus.
- Must have excellent analytical skills, strict attention to detail, the ability to deal well with changing assignments and priorities, work well under pressure, meet frequent deadlines, and prioritize multiple tasks.