Professional Development Coordinator
An international law firm with offices in Washington, D.C. is seeking a full-time Professional Development Coordinator to join their team. This person will be part of the talent development team and be responsibel for handling a variety of responsibilities related to the coordination of in-house training, mentoring and career development programs; and firmwide retreats.
• Collecting, organizing, and maintaining CLE application and course materials for in-house training programs.
• Coordinating in-house training programs.
• Developing internal marketing emails for the professional development department.
• Updating firm-wide training calendar to include all in-house training programs.
• Updating the PLI roster and providing support to A&P attorneys as needed.
• Coordinating logistics and CLE submissions for PLI groupcasts.
• Providing logistical support for Firmwide retreats such as the New Associate Retreat, Summer Associate Training Forum, Trial School, Deposition Skills Training, Mid-Level Leadership Forum, Senior Associate Leadership Training and Deal School.
• Assisting with the administrative aspects of New Associate integration including the planning and implementation of NACHO committee initiatives and coordinating A&P Academy trainings.
• Coordinating the collection and analysis of feedback from in-house training programs and recommend improvements based on feedback.
• Assisting with and providing logistical support for the career development process. Serving as a liaison to Professional Development Leaders and other partners and counsel to help manage their meetings.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred and/or prior experience with legal professional development and CLE accreditation rules and requirements.
• A minimum of 40 wpm typing.
• Strong proficiency using databases, online search functions, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. Experience with CE Manager a plus.
• Attention to detail is paramount.
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
• Ability to manage a high volume of work and reprioritize tasks and responsibilities when needed.
• Ability to handle a number of responsibilities simultaneously.
• Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary.
• Ability to demonstrate a high degree of trustworthiness in handling confidential and sensitive information.