Sr. Network Engineer
A technology firm with offices in Nashville, TN is seeking a qualified full-time Sr. Network Engineer to join their team. This person will be responsible for engineering solutions for new and existing projects (Data Center, Network, Security, Voice, etc.). They will also be responsible for contributing to project teams, troubleshooting operational issues, providing technical solutions to operational problems, new product implementation, implementing existing products and services, and the overall upkeep and maintenance of designated areas of engineering.Responsibilities
- Develop and manage reports and documentation related to network operations.
- Follow all policies and procedures, including those for server and storage architecture, standards, purchasing, and service provisioning.
- Access and evaluate network technology systems and make recommendations about incorporating systems into the network architecture.
- Responsible for deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade, and support of the networked services.
- Manage, troubleshoot and maintain iSCSI network.
- Assists with VMware platform network management.
Interested parties should apply directly to the job posting. Relocation at candidates expense, local candidates preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in networking engineering (Cisco, Brocade, Juniper, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree and certifications (CCNA, CCNP, etc) preferred, not required
- Knowledge of telecommunications, technical equipment and services; configuration and maintenance of equipment; familiar with communications including ATM, IP, etc.
- Experience in equipment setup, basic troubleshooting, performance (bandwidth, latency, jitter, etc.) troubleshooting and measurement, maintaining and configuration; including testing and evaluation of products.
- Experience with QoS tagging, trusting, policing and shaping preferred. Communications: Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, MUX, Cables, Narrowband, Wideband, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, VoIP, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, ATM, PPP, MPLS, IP addressing and IP network design, Ethernet, Fiber, 802.11 Wireless LAN, 802.1Q, VRF, 802.1 and various other telecommunications standards and practices
- Some proficiency in scripting (Python, Perl, or bash, etc.) helpful.