Manager of Financial Services Business Intelligence
An international law firm with offices in NYC is seeking a full-time Manager of Financial Services Business Intelligence to join their Marketing team. This person will provide the lawyers and other professionals focused on the financial services industry, with industry, company and competitor information and analysis that will aid in the development and achievement of strategic goals and tactical objectives.
• Utilizes an open-source approach to monitor financial market news for key developments and opportunities and proactively distribute findings to financial sector practices.
• Produces in-depth research and analysis on companies, industries, markets, and competitors and delivers objective, meaningful insights in concise, compelling ways.
• Utilizes capital markets financial modeling software to extract and distill information into intelligence that informs client matters and strategic initiatives.
• Engages productively with the financial sector-focused practices to stay informed on evolving client issues and market conditions.
• Participates in the strategic development of practice and industry plans for targeted client development.
• Collaborates with colleagues across multiple departments, including Research Services, Finance, IT and Marketing to promote knowledge and information sharing by leveraging clients with other open source information resources.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
•3+ years of experience in the financial services industry. Previous roles must have provided a variety of research and analytical perspectives and frameworks (e.g., financial, economic, business, scientific, psychological, etc.) Law firm experience is
• Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite including a mastery of Excel.
• Strong working knowledge and understanding of the operation of the global financial markets and the financial services industry sector.
• Proven analytical abilities to review information (whether qualitative and/or quantitative) and evaluate its reliability, completeness, relevance, and relative importance to the assignment, to identify other similarities and differences among the information pieces, to select or develop appropriate classification systems to clarify the information, to classify and/or order appropriately the information, and to perform further analyses to identify patterns with implications for those actions anticipated by Firm decision makers.
• Expert in searching and extracting information published by information aggregators, including Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters,
CapitalIQ, LexisNexis, etc.
• Strong client service orientation and ability to interact effectively with attorneys, key personnel and clients, to manage and exceed expectations, and to exhibit a high degree of responsiveness, diplomacy, and professionalism in these client interactions.
• Proficient (or able to become proficient quickly) in use of the firm’s internal business-management and reporting systems (e.g., client relationship-management software, financial systems, etc.)